Saturday, November 8, 2008

DJ G-Spot on Whutthefcuk.com, Jus Mic mentioned as 1 of top 3 unsigned artists!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
1. Splashy: When did you first start to DJ?
Started way back in 1984 in the basement / 1986 at parties and nightclubs. I’m not really old, just started really early in life (thanks MOM for the turntables for X-Mas). lol

2. Splashy: When is the first time you broke a needle?
Man, that brings back mad memories of my DAD. I was like 5 when I had my first encounter with needles (on my DAD’s stereo system). I didn’t really understand how they worked, so I decided to pull it apart and find out. Boy, did I get the ass-whooping of life!!!

3. Splashy: What was your favorite mix when you started to get the party rockin?
Shit, I had a sure fire record that would get the party started back in the 90’s. The song was called “I Wanna Fuck You In The Ass”. Its a house music record and at the time, it would take the party from 10 to 20. lol I would go from Crystal Waters joint or Adeva’s Independent Woman to The Outhere Brothers’ I Wanna Fuck You In The Ass and the party would go bananas. Still to this day, you play those joints in the Chi for a true house music crowd and everybody is going insane. I’m sure not many that are reading this is gonna know any of these records. lol

4. Splashy: How has the technology changed the dj game?
Serato just makes it easier to have all your music without having to carry a million records. I can’t lie, if i’d have to go back to vinyl, i’d immediately retire.

5.Splashy: Whats the craziest thing that happened to you while working a club or concert?
I’ve learned that some dj’s are assholes. DJ’s are divas, especially those NYC cats. Now i’ve met a lot of them that are cool as hell (like this weekend at the New Music Seminar), but i’ve run into cats that are just flat out asses and i’d never work with again. If i did, my job would be to make their jobs fucking hard as hell. so if you’re an asshole and you come in my town to spin and i gotta open for you, come correct or get ready for the heat!!!

6. Splashy: Do you feel that the dj gets no credit?
We get all the credit from the industry, but the general clubgoers don’t care much. they dont care about talent, they just wanna hear their favorite songs. They want a jukebox, not a dj.

7. Splashy: What are your top 5 songs to play of all time?
Noone is gonna know these joints. lol
Prince - Sometimes It Snows In April
Natalie Cole - Annie Mae
Billy Frazier - Billy Who
The Spinners - Mighty Love
Womack & Womack - Baby I’m Scared Of You

8. Splashy: Who are the top 3 artist unsigned that people should look out for?
Phoenix Jones
Twizted Mind
Jus Mic

9. Splashy: Whats in your ipod or cd player right now?
The top 5 joints above, plus some extras.

10.Splashy: What dj influenced you to start spinning records?
DJ Pharris in Chicago. you’ve probably heard his name in a few Common and Kanye records. He started before me, but we made the switch over to hip hop around the same time and we’ve had a good friendship over the years.

11. Splashy: Whats the best party you have ever played at? and why?
Bismarck Pavilion in Chicago, 1987. If you woulda saw the crowd going crazy, you would understand. 5k people in a hotel ballroom, dancing to the hottest music Chicago had to offer and no drama whatsoever. That’s the reason why i’m so critical of the club scene now!

12. Splashy; Any last words or shout outs?
Site is awesome, just wanted to say that. Shouts to www.globalmixtapes.com, www.doublement.com, my new blogsite, www.daentouragedjs.blogspot.com, Core DJ’s, Shadyville DJ’s & Da Entourage DJ’s, we taking over the game!!!!

http://whutthafcuk.com/v1/archives/405

No comments: