Monday, September 29, 2008

You Should Hear: Cleveland hip-hopper Rahem 'Twizted Mind' Clark seeks more 'respect'

HERE IS TWIZTED MINDS ARTICLE WITH THE CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER.

Posted by John Benson/Special to The Plain Dealer September 12, 2008 09:34AM

Rahem "Twizted Mind" Clark,

Hometown: Cleveland

Years performing: 8

Day gig: professional emcee

You heard my music? I might as well be holdn 2 pistols. Im killn em!!!After recently releasing the third and final installment of his "Respect Me" mixtape series, Rahem "Twizted Mind" Clark, 24, is already looking ahead to his next effort due out this fall. "It's going to be called 'Disrespectful,' and it's an all original production with about 20 joints," said the Warrensville Heights native and Cleveland resident. "I'm just trying to see how the street feeds off of that before I go out with anything else. I'm somebody who is going to speak their mind regardless of whether the cats feel it here in Cleveland or not. So I'm going to tell you who I like, who I'm rolling with, and at the same time, I'm kind of attacking the whole game because I feel like it's built on phoniness."
As for "Respect Me, Vol. 3," Clark, an independent artist on Cleveland-based record label 220 Records, said so far the streets are reacting to tracks "Smells Like Twizted Mind," naturally featuring a sample of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," as well as "Animal Crackerz." The latter track samples Shirley Temple. For more on Twizted Mind, visit his MySpace page. (http://www.myspace.com/wasbuiltforme)

1 comment:

216 said...

I'm ready for that "Disrespectful" CD!